Any Colorado meetups?

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
logo-3x1-48-Inches-1
Buffalo Jon

Re: Any Colorado meetups?

Post by Buffalo Jon »

1hpycmpr wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:37 am Small world! 😁

A weekend camp out would be fine with me as well. State park, group site, BLM, disperse, doesn’t matter to me. A group site would work for most folks since there would probably be amenities nearby. I have spent the last 23 years camping in northern Colorado and points north so I am not familiar with what is available further south. I’m open to suggestions and would be willing to help with researching areas that might work.
I’d say pick a few spots on the map within a couple hours drive of everyone and then we can just pick one and then work on some dates. Thanks Mark for volunteering
Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be ~ Abe Lincoln
Collecting since 2014
Colorado Springs, Colo.
ICCC#1569
Coldwaterpaddler
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Coldwaterpaddler »

Buffalo Jon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:53 am
Coldwaterpaddler wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:26 am
Buffalo Jon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:14 am
Coldwaterpaddler wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:20 am
Buffalo Jon wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:04 am Hey guys! I’m down for a winter walk-about and then a summer (July maybe) camp out. We could grab a group site at a campground or we could circle up the wagons and do it free on BLM land!
I’m in the Springs- anyone have ATVs ??
Good idea Ross
No ATVs here.

I typically camp dispersed on NF or BLM lands. I occasionally camp at State Parks. There are some KOAs along the Front Range, though I've never been to one. So, most places will probably work for me.

What's your general location in the Springs?
Hey Steve, nice to meet ya, I’m near Woodmen & Academy-how about you?
About five minutes from you, up in Briargate. Right by Rampart HS.
You gotta be kidding! How fun is that- we could have our own light up sometime. 😀
I'll think about a date, but I'm a pretty short-notice planner for that stuff. We'll see what I can do.
Stovie-Steve
"Don't let the weather run your life" - Steve
The Coleman Blues - #95
Coldwaterpaddler
Super Colemanaholic

Buffalo Jon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:55 am

A weekend camp out would be fine with me as well. State park, group site, BLM, disperse, doesn’t matter to me. A group site would work for most folks since there would probably be amenities nearby. I have spent the last 23 years camping in northern Colorado and points north so I am not familiar with what is available further south. I’m open to suggestions and would be willing to help with researching areas that might work.
I’d say pick a few spots on the map within a couple hours drive of everyone and then we can just pick one and then work on some dates. Thanks Mark for volunteering
I think everyone tries to stay away from the I-70 corridor in the mountains due to Denver traffic, which is why Mark is more familiar with the areas north and I'm more familiar with areas south. In any case, I'm sure that with some searching, we can find something agreeable.
Stovie-Steve
The Coleman Blues - #95
1hpycmpr
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 1hpycmpr »

Coldwaterpaddler wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:17 am
Buffalo Jon wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:55 am

I think everyone tries to stay away from the I-70 corridor in the mountains due to Denver traffic, which is why Mark is more familiar with the areas north and I'm more familiar with areas south. In any case, I'm sure that with some searching, we can find something agreeable.
You nailed it, Steve! I avoid I-70 west at all cost if possible. :D
I agree, we'll figure out something.....
Mark
*Stargazer*
arryk
Colemanaholic

Post by arryk »

I'm in NE, within a few hours driving distance of Denver. I'd definitely be interested in a meet up or a campout, or both
Arryk: Newbie but learning
Buffalo Jon

Post by Buffalo Jon »

arryk wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:18 am I'm in NE, within a few hours driving distance of Denver. I'd definitely be interested in a meet up or a campout, or both
Definitely welcome to join! I’m thinking we will firm up dates / location in early’24
Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be ~ Abe Lincoln
Collecting since 2014
Colorado Springs, Colo.
ICCC#1569
Milehigh

Post by Milehigh »

If you want a more "civilized" meet up there is a nice campground at Woodland Park. I prefer a more natural setting, and there are plenty of places in North Park, thinking of Walden area. I'll keep an eye on this thread!
BTW, I'm just north of Greeley and would be happy to connect with others in the area
Keep your powder dry!

On the lookout for a 4/71 birthday lantern and a nice 502 stove, among others.........
1hpycmpr
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 1hpycmpr »

Milehigh wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:33 pm If you want a more "civilized" meet up there is a nice campground at Woodland Park. I prefer a more natural setting, and there are plenty of places in North Park, thinking of Walden area. I'll keep an eye on this thread!
BTW, I'm just north of Greeley and would be happy to connect with others in the area
I prefer non-civilized camping myself when possible. 😄 With that being said, I’ve been looking around for some group campgrounds that may work for folks that would like to have a bathroom. With competition for camping spots so intense, it’s hard to secure a spot. I will continue investigating….

BTW, I can throw a rock into Greeley from my house. 🙂 PM sent.
Mark
*Stargazer*
Bob Doak

Post by Bob Doak »

I am from Rock Springs so I would be up to dropping down to Colorado for a get to gether.
D421
Super Colemanaholic

Post by D421 »

I may slide down from wyoming.
Dominic
Everyone likes the dog catcher...until they catch your dog.
ICCC #1992
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #69
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

I need to check in on my older brother in G Jct, he lost his wife and had a transplant at about the same time. My nephew is outside Denver, have not seen him since he got married, 16 years ago?
Duane
ICCC member 2220. Formerly all seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
BRIANnCOLO

Post by BRIANnCOLO »

When Walden was mentioned I took a look at North Michigan Reservoir where we've stayed in the past during the winter. They have a group camping site that will accommodate a dozen vehicles & 42 people for $144 a night.
If the choice is any national forest campground reservations are required so the sooner the better a spot is chosen/agreed on as they get booked up quickly.
I prefer dispersed camping on my own but with a group it would be nice to have picnic tables & vault toilets for the ladies. Not saying this is the place, just using it as an example.
czechphotoguy
Colemanaholic

Post by czechphotoguy »

OK well I am pushing more towards a middle of the summer meet up as I am currently soon to be starting editing on a documentary the 1st of Feb. So I will start putting things in motion about where and when we can arrange something. I also have some friends in the mountains who might be interested in hosting it also but need to figure those situations out also.

Tune in next post when our organizer says…

:D

Chat soon,
Ross
“Coleman meus lucerna supercilia mea ardebat!”
Coldwaterpaddler
Super Colemanaholic

Also note that Mark and I are looking around for a suitable location.
Stovie-Steve
The Coleman Blues - #95
logo-3x1-48-Inches-1

Return to “Gatherings, Meets & Get-Togethers”