200A and 202 reproduction
frames back
in stock.

Hot Diggity
This is as found.  First one I've ever seen, and I was immediately impressed with the size of this thing.  It's a foot tall and 6 1/2" across the flared fount.  Something about the proportions said Japan before I even read the proud Made In Japan on the side opposite the somehow familiar winged wheel.
Winged Wheel No 750.jpg  Wonged Wheel No 750 rear.jpg 
The wick that's installed seems to be impossibly too wide and won't move, but it looks like it's pretty solid and complete.  Will be an interesting winter project.
redwings.png  This is the winged wheel I was thinking of.  Not even close.
Anybody have any history on Winged Wheel lanterns?
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Quote
JimL
Nice find!

If the wick is dry and won't readily move, STOP, or you could permanently damage the gear that moves the wick up and down.  Put kero in the lantern and let the wick absorb it, or even saturate the wick with oil, like WD-40, then gently work it back and forth.  Better yet, you may want to assist removing the wick with the other hand while turning the knob.

-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?


There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness. - Dave Barry
Quote
macwacs
I have the baby 350 WW. Hung in the garage for nearly twenty five years then decided to clean it up last summer with a repaint and replaced the missing globe. Now the wife has it on her knickknack shelf and wont let me fire it up.
 RMW
Quote
Steve66
I have several Wings Wheels and while they are not at the top of the wiki food chain they are a pretty good lantern. I didn't know there was a 750. I like it! 
Coleman Quicklite Crew #26
Quote
StanDahl
I've got a little No. 400, shown next to a Dietz Monarch:
8 Wickies a copy.jpg 
It's a neat little lantern, but alas, I've broken the globe twice now. You can see the foil patch from the first break acting as a reflector.
ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
Quote
holliswood
They’re pretty cool. Mine puts out good light for its size. 
-Fred

ICCC Member #1871
MilSpec-Ops #1278
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #41
Perfection Heater Collectors #2 
CANADIAN BLUES SYNDICATE #57
Coleman Slant Saver #65

snipesfred on Insta
Big Ferd on YT
Quote
Hot Diggity
JimL wrote:
Nice find!

If the wick is dry and won't readily move, STOP, or you could permanently damage the gear that moves the wick up and down.  Put kero in the lantern and let the wick absorb it, or even saturate the wick with oil, like WD-40, then gently work it back and forth.  Better yet, you may want to assist removing the wick with the other hand while turning the knob.


Excellent advice Jim.  I followed your recommendations and let the wick soak up kerosene overnight.  I only had to add a little pressure on the wick while turning it up and down and soon it was working like new. 
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Quote
Gunhippie
My favorite winged wheel:

[927812073_j4e4]
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.
Quote
Woodcutter
macwacs wrote:
I have the baby 350 WW. Hung in the garage for nearly twenty five years then decided to clean it up last summer with a repaint and replaced the missing globe. Now the wife has it on her knickknack shelf and wont let me fire it up.
 RMW


What globe did you use?  It looks like the V&0 #838 globe fits, but figured I'd check with someone who's replaced one.  I already have one WW #350, but I may pick up three more this weekend.  
Quote
Woodcutter
StanDahl wrote:
I've got a little No. 400, shown next to a Dietz Monarch:
8 Wickies a copy.jpg 
It's a neat little lantern, but alas, I've broken the globe twice now. You can see the foil patch from the first break acting as a reflector.


May I ask how you broke the two globes?  I'm about to (hopefully) purchase spares for my existing WW #350 (and may be buying three more), but I don't want to spend money on them, if there's an inherent problem with the design, that makes them prone to breaking.  
Quote
Coast to Coast
I bought a little Dietz a couple weeks ago with a winged wheel globe.  This is the one I remember from being a kid in Ohio.  
-Bird- Milwaukee, WI.
“I don’t want another lantern, I just want the last one again”
ICCC#1776     The Coleman Blue‘s 243’s #143
Quote
StanDahl
Woodcutter wrote:
 May I ask how you broke the two globes?  I'm about to (hopefully) purchase spares for my existing WW #350 (and may be buying three more), but I don't want to spend money on them, if there's an inherent problem with the design, that makes them prone to breaking.  
There's no inherent defect in the lantern, I just keep knocking it over. 
ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
Quote
Woodcutter
StanDahl wrote:
There's no inherent defect in the lantern, I just keep knocking it over. 
  

Gotcha.  Thanks for the quick reply.  What replacement globe are you using?  
Quote
StanDahl
No replacement found yet (I haven't really looked for one), I'm using aluminum foil patches.
ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
Quote
Woodcutter
StanDahl wrote:
No replacement found yet (I haven't really looked for one), I'm using aluminum foil patches.


Okay.  Are these foil patches adhesive, or are you just placing standard aluminum foil against the globe?  
Quote
bowenstudios
I bought a little Dietz a couple weeks ago with a winged wheel globe.  This is the one I remember from being a kid in Ohio.  


This  winged wheel a=has put a damper on many a day, but honestly it was normally my fault.
-Mike
______________________________________

BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #651
Mil-SpecOps #0651
The Coleman Blue's 243's #154
Quote
StanDahl
Woodcutter wrote:
 Okay.  Are these foil patches adhesive, or are you just placing standard aluminum foil against the globe?  
I think they are just aluminum foil. I suppose you could use that thick aluminum tape for ductwork, but the adhesive would be on the inside. This lantern doesn't get much attention these days, I have so many (many, many) others to play with.
ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
Quote


...
...
Welcome to the Coleman Collectors Forum, an international forum of Coleman enthusiast and collectors, as such people from all over the world come here to read about Coleman collecting, repair, and to meet and make friends. The pages contained here are intended for the use of amateur collectors and people interested in Coleman collecting, restoration and repair as a hobby. It goes without saying to refrain from political posts, personal attacks and inflammatory posts.

Please note, all postings are the personal opinions of the members posting, the owner, administrators and moderators of the forum do not warrant the accuracy of posted information or endorse the safety of such.