I have still yet to "build shelves", but I have for months been over capacity for my existing shelves, so it was time to add some room. Still not building shelves, I decided to increase the surface area of my existing layout. These shelves were already in the garage and I commandeered them for lantern use years ago. They really only go comfortably one deep on 228's, but I can go 2 deep with smaller models. I decided to just lay deeper boards over the existing to quickly, easily and cheaply double my space.
Here's the before:
You can see that being maxed out is also taking a toll on my organization for non-lantern related junk, because what you don't see is that I have lanterns spilled out into work areas on the left bench, so the expansion is mainly geared towards reclaiming that space.
Here's the after:
This also created space for my spare globes and even some of my parts lanterns. I was also able to bring in 5 or 6 lanterns from the shed.
So now I've got all my 2-mantles on top, with the 228's fronting their sibling 220's. On the bottom are all my single mantles and compact lanterns (288, 285) on the bottom.
Now I reckon its time to organize and clean.
Yep, I've got all my 50 lanterns on there (except 3. Shameless plug https://50lanterns.blogspot.com )
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate # 0176
Slant Saver #29
Mil-Spec Ops #0973
ICCC Member #1892