200A and 202 reproduction
frames back
in stock.

ZoneeinAZ

I have the Coleman queen size cot with the air mattress:

 

[_SL1149_] 

 

Any ideas on how to use this thing without waking your neighbors when you're sleeping?

That Air mattress sound is annoying.

 

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
elwoodblues68
Liberal distribution of intoxicating spirits among your neighbors?
Quote
Kansas John
We have the twin sized one and really like it. Completely inflating the mattress is essential to eliminating any squeaking. We also use a mattress pad, sheets and blanket with it. I just unloaded ours and was thinking we should have purchased a queen sized one at the outlet/van sale.
John M. Lawrence, KS
ICCC #1431

Looking for a 214 kero and REI single burner anniversary stove as well as any Coleman born on date 10/77, 1/80
Quote
mpetey
What did you use that in a tent? I just slept on a cot when I went camping recently but mine was not that big. Was using a Coleman Trail head cot which was ok not like waking up on a previous air mattress I used.
PBS
Quote
Lhoffm4coleman
Could try throwing blankets under/on top of it, or some egg crate foam.
Quote
ZoneeinAZ

elwoodblues68 wrote:
Liberal distribution of intoxicating spirits among your neighbors?

That might get expensive LOL!

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
ZoneeinAZ

Kansas John wrote:
We have the twin sized one and really like it. Completely inflating the mattress is essential to eliminating any squeaking. We also use a mattress pad, sheets and blanket with it. I just unloaded ours and was thinking we should have purchased a queen sized one at the outlet/van sale.

I'm realizing now I should have got the twin one.

It's still going to squeak  All air mattresses do so I tihnk I'll get a twin cot, one I can put a 1-2 inch foam pad on.

 

 

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
ZoneeinAZ

mpetey wrote:
What did you use that in a tent? I just slept on a cot when I went camping recently but mine was not that big. Was using a Coleman Trail head cot which was ok not like waking up on a previous air mattress I used.

Yes I was in a tent.  It was OK in my tent I still had room for a chair.

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
ZoneeinAZ

Lhoffm4coleman wrote:
Could try throwing blankets under/on top of it, or some egg crate foam.

1st night I put my blanket on under the sheet then had a comforter.  I froze!

Next night I put my blanket over the top, it's big enough to hang over all four sides, and I was so warm!

But the thing still squeaked either way.  Even the air mattress we keep at home is noisy when someone is on it.

Thanks everyone for your help.   I'm going to switch to a smaller lightweight cot and forego air mattress, use a foam pad.  Besides it will take less time to set up and take down.  

 

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
WYSIWYG
crisco-logo.png 
John        
One in every public place...

ICCC #1338    IDITOS  #2654
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate. Member #0059
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #004
Member of CCF  Chromostereopsis  Club
Quote
ZoneeinAZ

WYSIWYG wrote:
crisco-logo.png 

[rofl]

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
dave
ZoneeinAZ wrote:

1st night I put my blanket on under the sheet then had a comforter.  I froze!

Next night I put my blanket over the top, it's big enough to hang over all four sides, and I was so warm!

But the thing still squeaked either way.  Even the air mattress we keep at home is noisy when someone is on it.

Thanks everyone for your help.   I'm going to switch to a smaller lightweight cot and forego air mattress, use a foam pad.  Besides it will take less time to set up and take down.  

 


I gave up on air mattresses and bought a 3 and a 4 inch foam pad in twin size, never go back to air!
275 Apreciation Syndicate Member #0019 dave !

COLEMAN, AMERICA'S TOP OF SALES LANTERN IN THE USA!!
Quote
ZoneeinAZ

BOOM.

It's history. 

 

Sold it on Craigslist in one day   [sSig_woohoo2]

Zonee in AZ

Tempe, AZ

"When you come to the fork in road, take it." -Yogi Berra

 

Quote
midnightsun
I didn't read all the posts on this just due to getting to the but of the problem here. You say you're making noises in the air mattress that might be keeping others up when it's lanterns out time? No more baked beans for you then.
275synd#77.John                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Central Bucks County, Penna.    
Quote
Lhoffm4coleman
Here and I kind of thought the OP was bragging about a squeeky bed when camping... Heck, if I can get the Mrs. To go camping, Im feeling fairly victorious if someone-anyone mentions squeeky bed noises coming from my tent... [wink]
Quote
Gasman64
ZoneeinAZ wrote:

BOOM.

It's history. 
Sold it on Craigslist in one day   [sSig_woohoo2]


Well, there's a solution...[up]

Steve
ICCC #1012
logoballistol logo 1a.png

Quote
LakeGeorge
I was going to say, fill it with helium. Your idea was better!

We use tall, sturdy cots with a 2" thick memory foam pad on top. Best tent sleep I've had!
Gary Coleman, I am.
I.C.C.C. #1035
 Gettysburg Camping Trip, June 9-14, 2020, at Artillery Ridge Campground resulted in zero cases of Coronavirus being spread! Masks work!
Quote
Jwfrancois
We have this bed, and we figured out if you put talcum powder where the canvas meets the frame it stops the squeaking. So much quieter now!
Jennifer
Quote
BSAGuy
If the noises involve two parties, then just get creative.  If the noises involve just one person, just don't move so much or camp farther away from those with sensitive ears.
- Courtenay
Be Prepared
Quote
midnightsun
Ya that squeek would attract bears and the like I would think. Sounding similar to a plastic coolers' lid goin' up and down all night. Maybe a fitted sheet made of thick felt inverted of course. Peel and stick carpet protector?
275synd#77.John                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Central Bucks County, Penna.    
Quote


...
...
Welcome to the Coleman Collectors Forum, an international forum of Coleman enthusiast and collectors, as such people from all over the world come here to read about Coleman collecting, repair, and to meet and make friends. The pages contained here are intended for the use of amateur collectors and people interested in Coleman collecting, restoration and repair as a hobby. It goes without saying to refrain from political posts, personal attacks and inflammatory posts.

Please note, all postings are the personal opinions of the members posting, the owner, administrators and moderators of the forum do not warrant the accuracy of posted information or endorse the safety of such.